Monday, December 15, 2008

Resolutions

For the last several years I have refused to make New Year's resolutions. Mostly because I wouldn't stick to them anyway, but also because I find them a little bit annoying. Back in the day when I did make resolutions, I always resolved to lose weight. Even when I was in high school and only thought that I was fat. Oh, if only I could be that "fat" now. This year I have resolved to make some resolutions. First of all, instead of saying that I am going to lose weight, I am going to get back into the habit of going to the gym. I bought an 18 month membership back in July, and I haven't gone in.... well, I don't know, that's how long it's been. One reason that I haven't been is that Bally's went under and I have to go to either Bailey's or Gold's. I am a pretty adaptable person, but I have anxiety about weird things like that. It took me about 2 weeks just to get up the nerve to meet with a personal trainer when I first joined. So, that is my reason (excuse) for not going to the gym in a while.
My other resolution is to quit smoking again. I "quit" earlier this year for about 3 months, but started back up around Halloween. I have no excuse for that.
So, for 2009 I am changing it up a bit and making those resolutions. Maybe this year will be the year that I keep them. I figure if America can elect a black president and, as JB reminded me, put a man on the moon, I think I can keep a few lousy resolutions.